The New Hampshire School
Transportation Association is the state's trade association of school districts and private bus contractors providing transportation for the state's school children. The
Association has as its main purposes "the highest degree of safety in the transportation of school children", the dealing with common intra-industry problems, and the
cooperation with existing allied industries, associations, and governmental agencies for the advancement of school bus transportation. It is affiliated with the National
School Transportation Association and the National Association for Pupil Transportation as statewide organizations/components. Members pf the Association own and/or operate
approximately 90 percent of the school buses traveling New Hampshire highways.
*Some of its more notable activities are:
- An annual safe driver awards program to recognize school bus drivers for their safe driving records, and exceptional performance as a "professional".
- An annual school bus road-e-o to provide driving and knowledge competition for school bus drivers.
- Activity in the N. H. legislature and liaison with Congressmen and other government officials to protect the interests of the school bus industry.
- In-service training workshops for drivers, mechanics and training programs for supervisors.
- Monthly mailings and newsletters to members.
- Membership meetings several times a year with appropriate speakers.
- Spokesmen for the school bus industry and liaison with various state officials and other official bodies.
- Detailed listing of directions to school athletic events and extra curricula events and field trip facilities throughout the state (located on this website), as an aid to
drivers, and others.
- Production of a Driver Recruitment and Retention Manual for members.
- Supplier of fleet and driver report forms, providing members with substantial discounts from list prices.
- Consumer information promoting safety of students on school buses.
We encourage you to join fellow contractors, school districts, and church groups in this Association. It is working for your interests and needs your involvement. To join,
simply follow this link to our membership application